The past few months have been busy. The weeks fly by and the weekends go by even faster. I suppose that means I’m doing something right. I make it a goal to make the most of my time, and although that sometimes means binge watching Shameless on the couch for hours on end, it can also mean going out for a delicious meal.
Always being on the go means that the blog gets a little neglected (which is a great reason to follow along on Instagram to stay up to date with all of my adventures) but I’m finally taking a few minutes to recap a few of my winter favorites so far.
- Gave Rare a second chance for a carb filled date night complete with freshly baked bread and butternut squash ravioli. Rare has definitely redeemed itself from my first visit, but I still think it’s a little bit overpriced.
- Rang in my 24th birthday with a moscow mule and my favorite tex-mex poutine at The Shop in Troy. Tasty the first time, delicious the second time, and even not too shabby left over.
- Took a trip to downtown Albany for some tasty Mexican food at Ama Cocina. It wasn’t Tuesday but it was definitely time for some tacos.
- Celebrated #NationalPizzaDay at 151 in Schenectady. It was topped with green peppers and sausage because my vote for black olives got shut down 😦
- Said TGIF with a plate of spring rolls and pad thai on a Friday lunch at Pho Queen. Had to head back to the office before my chicken pad thai arrived, but took it to go and even had leftovers.
- Had more than just beer at Wolff’s Biergarten. Did you know they’ve got a menu full of German treats? Plus pretzels and boneless wings as pictured below
- Ended a snowy Wednesday with a patty melt and fries at the Mohawk Taproom. Some days, you just need a cheesy greasy burger and fries
- Indulged in some southern comfort with eggs benedict for brunch at Cuckoo’s Nest. Not pictured: the giant mimosa that accompanied these Benny’s
- Treated myself to a white pizza complete with basil and prosciutto at More Perreca’s on North Jay Street in Schenectady.
- Got a little toasty at Little Pecks for Sunday Brunch with a giant slice of avocado toast complete with red quinoa and whipped feta
Life goes fast, there’s no time to waste. Enjoy, explore, and eat good food.